Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wintermass


In the spirit of this cold Winter let us return here to an old Norwegian classic dating back to 1993. Wintermass was Mysticum's first demo, but still features some of my favorite tracks by them, and in a very lo-fi and old sounding manner via tape hiss and so on and so forth. A short, yet very solid and incredibly catchy demo, one of the best industrial black metal bands ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLAAqg0DNIU
If you want proof of their authenticity bear witness to this live video from 1996, and, watch the face... you'll know. Lacking any trace of corpse paint yet upholding a grim presence.

"I feel like a demon in the night, flames are crawling like pets on me, the shades aren't here to see, with my master the Devil my friend, my soul will slave for eternity..."

1. Intro
2. The Rest
3. Wintermass
4. Demons never Sleep
5. Crypt of Fear
6. The grove of petrifed souls

Into My Crypt of Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment