Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Caduceus Chalice


The entire time that I was basking in the solitude that only the North can provide, what was I listening to during my wanderings ? Moon. If someone were to literally ask me what black metal sounds like, assuming they have no expectations whatsoever, I could very well play a track by Moon to simply portray how I feel black metal is "supposed" to sound. Caduceus Chalice is the latest release for this Australian occultist, and in my humble opinion it serves up his greatest works to date. I would go as far to say that Caduceus Chalice is the best release of any black metal band from 2010, this is seriously that good to me. The intro places you right into the heart of the dark and brooding nature that is the nocturnal state of being, flowing into the hymn to Hallows Eve, Forest Samhain... which is aesthetically perfect to a person like me. The most immersive track on the album, however, is the closer... Chalice, which offers 20 minutes worth of the most hollow and crawling opus to the tools of the arte magickal. I would honestly wake up in the morning to put headphones on, walk through the woods listening to the song Chalice, all while smoking a fat spliff to match... all while absorbing the beauty of the microcosm within and the macrocosm without. This is essential to all fans of occult black metal, to those who live and die to merely dwell among the mists and the fog.


1. In Shadow
2. Forest Samhain
3. Beneath
4. Monastery
5. Caduceus
6. Chalice

1 comment:

  1. fucking incredible. i didn't even know it dropped and it goes beyond all expectations. hope to see you soon brother.

    ReplyDelete