Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eerie Sceneries


I've been keeping an eye on this band as it has been progressing since the "Into Empty Spheres" demo, and I have yet to find myself dissapointed with any of it. Impavida appeals to me in a way most depressive black metal acts cannot, it pertains to my own aesthetic sensibilities behind obscure and strange, even eerie settings. This album is almost like experiencing David Lynch's "Eraserhead" for the first time ever, even doing so with the lights off as rain and thunder conclude the gloomy mood that these recordings set off. I think the logo is appropriate, even original...

There are too many excellent tracks on here to mention, I suggest anyone with a taste for pure melancholic despair to grab this, seriously. Not to mention, it's a mediafire link, you have no excuse... this is atmospheric strangeness infused with sadness so deep you will drown in its splendour. My ashes will be full of nails.

1. Into Empty Spheres
2. Dysmorphic
3. Dark Skies
4. Watching the World Through the Pale Eye of An Unborn Child
5. Ashes of Me
6. Traumata

No comments:

Post a Comment